The HSBC Family Literacy First Fund is presented to Canadian organizations that are making significant contributions to the field of family financial literacy. This award honours programs that empower families to develop their financial literacy skills together and could serve as a model for other organizations to adapt. There are (4) awards of $2,500 each. The awards as granted can be invested into the program and/or applied to program improvement.
ABC Life Literacy Canada is responsible for the management of this project, including the distribution of funding.
Examples of Eligible Fund Allocations
Winning applicants must use the award funds to invest in their family financial literacy initiatives. Examples of appropriate use of the award funds include, but are not limited to:
- Purchase of materials and supplies for participants of family financial literacy learning activities
- Purchase of hardware/software for the organization that participants can use to access family financial literacy programming
- Investment in expanding existing family financial literacy programming to reach and serve more families
- Investment in the development of support resources for family financial literacy programs
- Pilot new events or program delivery models for existing family financial literacy programs
For further information on the criteria and evaluation for applications, please see our FAQ document.
To learn more about the award including how to submit a strong application, watch our webinar.